These lettuce wraps are the perfect balance between light and filling. Total prep and cook time, 30 minutes.
2-3 tbsp sesame oil
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp to 1 tbsp (depending on how spicy you like your food) chili oil
4-6 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
2-3 tbsp chopped ginger
1 & 1/2 – 1 whole onion chopped
4 stocks of scallions, chopped and rinsed
1-3 tomatoes rinsed and sliced
Baby romain lettuce
1 cucumber, sliced peeled and rinsed
1 pound of turkey or seafood
- Preheat a pan and add olive oil (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan)
- Add your garlic, onion and ginger and turn heat on to medium. Sauté in oil for about 30 sec to 1 minute
- Add your turkey & cook until juice evaporates
- Add chili oil and soy sauce and let it simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally (For seafood, cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until your liking)
- After seafood or meat is cooked turn fire off ,add scallions and stir. Set to the side into a serving tray.
- On the side have raw scallions, cucumbers and tomatoes sliced
- Assemble lettuce wraps using ingredients and enjoy!