This one’s a money saver! Why buy jars for big bucks when you can make your own fresh pesto at home for less? This recipe is definitely simple and helps to alleviate throwing out unused sauces aka wasting mula! You can make just as much or little as you’d like. Total Cook/Prep Time: About 5 Minutes
Basil (4 oz)
Pine Nuts (1 cup)
Fresh Garlic (3-4 cloves)
Fresh Grated Parmesan (1 1/2 cup)
Salt (To Taste)
Black Pepper (To Taste)
You will need a food processor!
- Add your pine nuts to the food processor and start on the “pulse” setting for about 20 seconds or until they are chopped
- Add in your basil and start processor, mixing measurement into the chopped nuts
- Add garlic for another 20 secs and repeat
- Add 1 cup of parmesan and repeat until mixture is combined
- Leaving your processor going, add a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste) and the remainder of your parmesan cheese and fold it in
- Once consistency is to your liking, remove mixture from processor and enjoy with a slice of french bread or add to your favorite recipe!